Our ConferencesGLIMUN 2014
A True UN Simulation
The Great Lakes Invitational Model United Nations (GLIMUN), our flagship conference, has been running since GLICA incorporated in 1973. While the format has changed slightly over the years, the intent has not. GLIMUN is designed to very closely simulate the diplomatic activity that takes place within the United Nations Headquarters building, and in related symposia and summits across the globe. We gladly serve a range of delegates, from newcomers to the highly experienced.
GLIMUN 2014 Offering
- 3 General Assembly Committees
- 3 Economic and Social Council Committees
- Security Council
- General Assembly and ECOSOC Plenary Sessions
- A Special Crisis Session
GLIMUN will be located at the Radisson Hotel in Kalamazoo, MI and run from Wednesday, December 3rd through Saturday, December 6th, 2014.
Click Hotel Info for more information about reserving your school's hotel rooms for the conference.
Opening and Closing Session
Opening session begins at 7:00 pm on December 3rd, 2014 and closing session is from 2:30-3:30 pm on December 6th, 2014.
Registration for GLIMUN 2014 will open on Monday, September 29th at 10:00am. Registration fees are $50 per delegate and $35 per adviser. A $10 fee will be added to the delegate fee if they are not staying within the hotel for the conference. This year we will waive your advisor fee if you recruit a school!
Position Paper Deadline
Position papers are due by November 17th, 2014 at 5:00 pm. Delegations not turning in their position papers by the deadline will not be eligible for awards in plenary.
Delegate Drop Deadline
GLICA understands that the number of delegates registered may change upwards or downwards between the initial time of registration and the conference date. Delegate fees will be waived/returned for delegates who drop prior to November 14th, 2014. After November 14, schools will be responsible for paying the full delegate fees.
- Secretary General: Nick Stratton
Deputy Secretary General: Hayes Brown
- Email: email@example.com
Please contact Nick via email for additional conference and contact information.
- General Assembly
Special Political and Decolonization
- The Question of Kurdistan
- Dealing with Civil and Political Unrest
Disarmament and International Security
- Combating the Spread of Small Arms and Light Weapons
- Recommendations for the 2015 Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty Review
- Mechanisms for Peacefully Resolving Border Disputes
- Improving Accountability at the United Nations
- Special Political and Decolonization
- Economic and Social Committees
World Health Organization
- The Ethics of Experimental Treatments
- Access to Medical Isotopes
Food and Agriculture Organization
- Emergency Food Security Assistance for Refugees
- Regulating Genetically Modified Organisms and "Designer Food"
- Reintegrating Former Child Soldiers
- Building Safe Communities in Conflict Zones
- World Health Organization
- Preventing Foreign Fighters Recruitment International Terrorist Groups
- The Situation in Ukraine
- Open Topic
To view agendas and topic papers from past conference, select the conference you are interested in: