Our ConferencesGLIMUN 2016
Great Lakes Invitational Model United Nations (GLIMUN) 2016
A True UN Simulation for High School Students
GLIMUN, our flagship conference, has been running since GLICA incorporated in 1973. GLIMUN is designed to closely simulate the diplomatic activity that takes place within the United Nations Headquarters building, and in related symposia and summits across the globe. We gladly serve a range of delegates, from newcomers to the highly experienced.
GLIMUN 2016 Offering
- 3 General Assembly Committees
- 3 Economic and Social Council Committees
- Security Council
- General Assembly and ECOSOC Plenary Sessions
- A Special Crisis Session
GLIMUN 2016 will be located at the Radisson Hotel in Kalamazoo, MI and runs from Wednesday, November 30th through Saturday, December 3rd, 2016.
Click Hotel Info to go directly to the Radisson website. Call the hotel to set up your reservations and reference the "Great Lakes Invitational Model United Nations Conference" to receive the room block rate.
Important Dates to Remember
1. Delegation Registration & Assignment
Registration for GLIMUN 2016 opens Tuesday, September 6, 2016 and will remain open until October 30 at 5:00pm EST.
Early Registration will run from September 6 - September 30, 2016. Register during this time and receive a $10 discount off your advisor fee plus first pick at delegations! Delegation assignments will begin October 1, 2016.
Registration fees are $50 per delegate and $40 per advisor. A $10 fee will be added to the delegate fee if they are not staying within the hotel for the conference.
Recruit a school, and we'll waive your advisor fee! Contact Bill Moraniec, the GLIMUN 2016 Secretary-General for more info on this discount.
2. Position Paper Deadline
Position papers are due by Wednesday, November 16th, 2016 at 5:00pm EST. Delegations not submitting all position papers by the deadline will not be eligible for Delegation awards in plenary.
Opening Speakers will be selected after the position paper deadline has closed.
3. Delegate Drop Deadline
GLICA understands that the number of delegates registered may change between the initial time of registration and the conference date. Delegate fees will be waived/returned for delegates who drop prior to October 30th, 2016. After October 30th, schools will be responsible for paying the full delegate fees.
4. Opening and Closing Session
Opening session begins at 7:00pm EST on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 and closing session is from 2:30-3:30pm EST on Saturday December 3, 2016.
If you have any question regarding GLIMUN 2016, please feel free to contact Secretary-General Bill Moraniec at email@example.com.
- General Assembly
Disarmament & International Security Committee (DISEC)
- Trade in High-Tech Weapons Systems
- Reducing the use of Indiscriminate Weapons in Conflict
Special Political Committee (SpecPol)
- Emerging Nuclear States and the Global Nuclear Framework
- Determining the Legitimacy of Secession Movements and Obligations of Parent States
Science & Technology Committee (SciTech)
- Net Neutrality
- Private Sector Access to Outer Space
- Disarmament & International Security Committee (DISEC)
United Nations Human Rights Council (HRC)
- Rights of Stateless Persons
- Elimination of Xenophobia and Racism
World Health Organization (WHO)
- Ensuring Access to Potable Water
- Managing Secondary Effects of Disease Outbreaks
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- Using Global Sport as an Engine for Development
- Promoting Ecologically Sound Development Strategies
- United Nations Human Rights Council (HRC)
- Situation in Burundi
- Situation in the Middle East
To view agendas and topic papers from past conference, select the conference you are interested in: